• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The common antec case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bbt82z

Registered
Someone want to tell me what that purple thing with the holes is in the front of the case......opposite side of main door......i just cannot figure it out

_slh_ said:
its actually a support for longer expansion cards, like the old soundblasters used to be

BINGO!!! Tell him what he's won, Johnny Pardo!... :p

That's precisely what that purple plastic thingie is for...a lot of people mistakenly claim it's for "cable management", as that's what has been said in reviews for a long time now.

It's been part of these cases since the bygone era of expansion cards that were long enough to need it.

It does work quite well for cable management, from what I've read though...;)

I'm expecting my first Antec (Chieftec) case to be delivered on Friday. Between reading old (OLD, OLD) reviews, and searching everywhere for the best price, I did find that the object in question is indeed for supporting those gigantic expansion cards of days gone by.

God willing (and a bit of help from UPS), this monster of a case will be arriving in about 48 hours.... :drool: :burn: Can't wait....hehehehehe

B.

Thanks for clearing that up guys I never would have guessed it. Now that I think about it though I have a few old gigantic ISA soundblasters.

Mr. B. I think you'll really enjoy your new case. I know I'll never buy a cheapo case for myself ever again.

Back