• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

damaged ram or damaged mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3

i tried to get more fsb with already out of spec timings, so i memtested repeatedly upping timings and using less fsb each time, i got less and less errors of course, and it proved that the ram can't really cut it

eventually the ram would only work at spec (this was all last night), 133fsb at optimal timings, anything more would make me have to clear cmos, the motherboard gives me C1 and C3 post codes when it doesn't work, the manual says it can be the ram is installed incorrectly, not compatible, or damaged...i guess i screwed the ram

i think i stressed the ram out with memtest and damaged it
what do you guys think? can it possibly be my mobo? i tried flashing the bios, it worked perfectly (01/29/03 is awesome btw), but the same problem occurs

i ran a duron with this ram before and it could handle up to 153fsb with great timings, but not with the 1700+, does speed affect the memory stability, it seems like higher speeds require higher integrity in memory

If it's giving you the C1 error then I'd say it's most likely your memory. Make sure you have all the memory timings in Advanced Chipset Features turned back to the normal settings. How high is/was your Vdimm? It could be something wrong with the CMOS battery but it still sounds like the ram.

Back