• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best defense for 5WR in madden 2003

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pfieffdog

Registered
I was just wondering what everyone recommends for a defense to go up against a team running 5WR's. My next game in my season is up against my roommate and he is always running 5WR's. Please let me know what you guys would do for a defense. By the way, I'm the Raiders, if that matters.

-Pfieff

honestly i always run nickle versus 5 wide, that allows good coverage and allows me to blitz with the MLB or drift back with him and play a little zone.

actually I thought of what I do against my bro's...and that is go into the nickel...show that you are going to cover man2man...then have an all out blitz go...

if you have a good team (defense-wise) the quarterback should only have about 2 seconds to get rid of the ball before he is sacked...IF that...warren sapp can get in in about 1-1.5 seconds

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll let you guys know how it works out. By the way, if any of you are starting franchises, I wouldn't recommend being the Raiders. All of the stars retire after the first year, i lost, brown, rice, woodson, and gannon.

-Pfieff

I like to go with a dime, and play the zone/man slot D...

Plus, with dime, there are a lot of man coverages you can pick from. You can do straight up man, which leaves the FS and MLB to cover the middle of the field in a zone, or you can double one receiver which leaves the FS to play zone, or you can double two receivers and have everyone on a man...

The thing about using that offense, is that it's entirely one diminsional. Should be easy to defend...you know he'll pass every down. He'll get a couple plays on you, but you should get a few interceptions too. Plus you can pull out an occasional blitz (dont do it every down though) to catch him off guard and get an easy sack...

Back