• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ USB 3 doesnt work... Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jconforti

Banned
Ok, this is rediculous. The USB 3 ports on the motherboard do not work. I show 2 universal serial bus controllers that cannot find a driver anywhere, and so, the don't work.

I have Win 98SE, and yes, I only have USB 1.1 enabled.

Is there someplace to find drivers for this stupid thing and make the USB 3 work?

Anyone? If an Epox techs can't or won't help, does someone else have an answer?

Yeah, the 8RDA+ is a great OCing MoBo, but there are some stupid issues that, considering there have been board revisions, should have been resolved. Like the HDD and Power LED's not working. Thats uncalled for, and purely a lack of quality control on the part of Epox. I keep hearing that there is not enough volts to power the light. So? Whos fault is that? I have been using MSI, ABIT, Tyan, Shuttle, and Asus MB's for a long time, I have not seen something like that yet. They just can't find a way to route enough power to a damn light? Give me a break.

I have seen numerous complaints about the USB 3 header (like mine), not owrking. Or not working with various devices attached to it.

Am I the only one who see's this? I guess they figured, Oh well, they don't work, so screw it, sell it as is.

I have tried to contact Epox, with NO results. I have posted on different forums with no results.

I like the MoBo overall, but I won't be buying another Epox, not with a total lack of Customer Service like this. There are other good boards out there, and much better customer care.

i had the same trouble,what i did was remove one wire on the connector on header,in manual it is marked over-voltage or over-current if i remember right,on my case the same wire is labled shield,when i removed that wire,the case ports began to worked.the case ports are 1.1 and the pinout for usb2.0 is different.it isn't a problem with the board but different wiring scheme for usb2.0.

i like this board so much,i just ordered another because i screwed my first one up doing a vdd mod.

Last edited:
Actually I did that, and it "sees" them, but cannot locate a driver anywhere. Not on the Epox disk, not from the drivers on the Epox site.. nowhere.

and in your sig it says you like cars. Didn't think you were him just that I thought you might have been a fan:) Sorry.:)

LOL.. ok

Actually, I have a Corvette, an Eclipse, and a Honda CBR sport bike.

I like toys... fast ones!

:D

For the USB driver you have to go to Windows Update... at least that was so for Win XP.

i know on mine,with xp,i had to go into device manager,remove the usb conntroller and reboot and let windows reinstall the drivers.

also make sure the wiring is the same between the header and your usb ports.on my lian li case,the wires are seperated and labled as to what they are.

Last edited:
Back