• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

getting friends to fold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackhabit

yeah, exactly what it says. i wanted to get some friends to start folding for team 32, either under their own username or mine but they refuse, i told them everything about it and why it is worth doing and how you really never would know it was there( unless you check it every day , like me) but they refuse and make fun of it and me for folding. nothing came out of their mouths other than laughfter and that is just stupid. iwas like why not? what the problem. but they couldn't come up with an answer. so think i am going to give up on them, unles you have any good ideas.
p.s.. one is a member on these forums, his screen name is blotty and his name is brad, pm him lots of stuff about folding and why he should start. if it is not from me then he might consider it. thanks for the help.

Your so right that its tough to convince people to do something that is so simple and benefits all of us. I ended up "convincing" a couple of my friends by ordering some parts with one guy and telling him he didnt have to pay me if he installed F@H for me. Two other guys I tool out to lunch as an incentive. Its crazy that its that hard to convince them, but spending $10 for lunch was a better way to get more MHz under my name then building new systems (I have exhausted my family's MHz already). Good luck trying to convince them, I got the same questions "why fold".

Yeah, I hate that.

My brother in law asked what he was going to get out of it!
He said he would do it if they PAID him, I think I subconsiously<sp> wished a protein related disease on him so I could say later, HA! if you had helped find a cure...

I do like Broken, I'll assembble a new comp for them, (they pay for the parts) for free, if they fold.

Back