• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is this!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

superjerman

Registered
I just built my new computer, and now I am getting these blue screen errors ALL the time! I can't even install a simpale game! I am running Windows XP Pro.. Here is the error..

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the 1st time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure and hardwareor software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacture for any windows updates you might need.

If problem continus, disable or remove and newly installed hardware or software.. Disable BIOS memory optiions such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced startup optioons, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP : 0x000000D1 (0x00000035, 0x00000007, 0x00000001, 0x000C034)

Beginning dump of phiscal memory
Physical memory dump complete
Contact your system adminisrator or technical support group for fruther assisatance.

And some more info you you, I just build this computer the other day, it has a Asus A7N8X Deleux motherboard, an XP 2200 Throughbread , 80 WD with 8meg Cache, An ATI 9500 (NOT pro), and 1 stick of 512 DRR PC2700 by crucial...

I had to live through a month of these, crashes in Win2k Pro like every other day (at the end it became a lot more frequent). My problem was with the heatsink having poor contact with the CPU die, because of old uncleaned thermal paste. So, if this is what's happening to you, I would take off the heatsink, verify that the thermal pad or paste you put is clean or whatever, clean it all off, and put some new one. If it doesn't help, post back (duh ;))

also, I would suggest you try testing your memory, as this error is often caused by a faulty ram stick. Download the utility on this page : http://www.memtest86.com/ , and try it out. If it fails or finds errors, I think you know what your problem is...

Make sure all the hardware is firmly seated (RAM, CPU and heatsink, PCI and AGP cards). That error said something about drivers, so I assume that it's got to do with some peripheral you've got on there. Make sure you've got all your drivers and research your hardware. If people report screwy things with drivers or something and suggest an older version, try that as well. If you've overclocked at all, back off and see what happens. I guess my interpretation could be wrong, but if it is, Microsoft is purposely confusing its users, and I doubt that very much, as tech support costs them money.

Z

Back