• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

STUPID HD CAGE BRACKET!! Lian-li pc60

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gouda96

Does anyone know how to remove the bracket that you attach the hd bay to, on a LIAN-LI PC60? It surrounds the speaker, and i need to remove the bracket to put in my heatercore, anyone know how?

Funny you should ask, because I just took one off last night (for another reason). :D

Turn the case upside down and drill out the four rivets that attach it to the case floor with a 1/8" drill bit...it'll come right off without any damage.

Good luck. :p

dutchcedar said:
Funny you should ask, because I just took one off last night (for another reason). :D

Turn the case upside down and drill out the four rivets that attach it to the case floor with a 1/8" drill bit...it'll come right off without any damage.

Good luck. :p

why did you have to remove yours?

~Will

Probably fits better in Alternative Modding but...

I also removed my bottom hard drive bracket so I can fit my heatercore there. My case is in my sig and its just a midtower. No room but that front space so I had to remove it.

odd place

that is what i thought... time for the old dremel. I put it here witout realy thinking... i been spending all my time in this section, because i am getting all my wc stuff. I just thought heatercore=wc, without realy thinking. Must be the same thing that happened to me last night (realy this morning) with the year of the heatercore.

I don't think this is inappropriate for this forum... he is asking about his case to make watercooling possible.

Anyway, in my case, I just ripped the thing out with my hands, no drills or anything :D Just brute force. Didn't see any warping or anything -- the rivets came out pretty easy. Been working to this day.

Nice job

i just turned it over and drilled it out, but then i saw your post and i smealt a challenge. I initially thought it would be nearly impossible, but when i gave it a good tug (standing on the inside of the case) i was able to pull it out of another lian li case i have. ;) Had to try it.

Hmm, yes, you're right, this Lian Li cage can be really annoying. I had to find a solution for my PC71 as I wanted to have two separate watercooling circuit. One for the CPU and one for everything else (NB, GC). It means 2 pumps and 2 radiators, and even in a PC71, it's not completely obvious. But I made it with some effort and I'm quite happy with the result. A picture is better than a long explanation, but I just realised that I can't post attachments.:( Sorry guys.

grunjee said:
I just ripped the thing out with my hands, no drills or anything :D Just brute force. Didn't see any warping or anything -- the rivets came out pretty easy. Been working to this day.
So you literally RIPPED apart a LianLi case with your bare hands? Just stuck your paws in there an yanked that puppy out like a shredded fan belt? Bent that bracket like a tin can can in a garbage truck, eh? Argh, argh. :p

I'll give ya credit for the guts to try that trick, but I'll stick to drillin' out those rivets one at a time, thank you very much. :D

Do ya have any shortcuts for changin' out a motherboard? On second thought, maybe ya better not answer that one. :rolleyes:

All in fun...if it worked, it worked. :cool:

OK, here are some pictures.
http://badcrc.is.dreaming.org/IMG_0815.JPG
is showing the general disposition of the two pumps and the radiator.
http://badcrc.is.dreaming.org/IMG_0817.JPG
is a detail for the 2nd WC circuit. The outside air will be sucked by the 2 80mm front Lian Li fans, then sucked again by the 120mm YS_Tech fan through the radiator.
I used aluminum pieces that I fixed on the Lian Li HDD cage bracket so to allow the fixation of the small enheim pump. Both pumps are mounted on rubber fixations to minimise vibrations and noise.
I got another double radiator (with 2 120mm side by side) installed at the top of my PC71 with 2 blowholes for the 1st WC circuit.
Don't ask me about performances for the moment, it's still under construction.

Back