• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my antec 350 w enough ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DEZMOND

Hello all, i recently discovered that i could run higher fsb and 5,2,2,2 timings with my vcore running lower. First set up i was running 200x12 with 1.85 vcore,with tight timings i would get prime errors,now i run 10x215 @1.725 vcore with no prob.As i fire up prime i can see my 5v rail drop to 4.8 but its still stable with 1.725 vcore.My question is,will a higher amp rated psu allow me to run more vcore stable.
My setup is 8rda+ xp 2100 2x 256 xms 3500 ,dvd rom,cd writer,3 case fans,vdd mod to 1.84 ,floppy and ti 4600,also running a ax-7 with a delta 80cfm at half speed.The psu has a rating of +5 33a
+3.3 20a +12 15a.

If you see voltages drop as you increase Vcore, a better supply is adviseable. A $65 Sparkle 400W or a slightly more expensive Antec True Power 430 will eliminate this concern for a modest cost. There is no guarantee the first setup will ever fly though, as it is 2400MHz compared to your current 2150. It may be that 2400 is just out of reach for your chip, so don't ignore the possiblility. All, and I do mean all, memory access occurs from the L1 and L2 caches whithin the cpu.

If the required data is not present in the L1 cache, it progresses there from the L2. If it isn't already in the L2, it is then loaded from main memory. Two sizeable multi-way set associated caches cascaded in this fashion can elevate hit rates to the high 90 percent range. If the chip is not stable it may show up in the most used portion of the memory subsystem, the on-chip caches. It is likely your memory is fine at 200fsb, as 215 is known to work. 200x11 ought work but there is no proof as of yet that your chip is good enough to achieve the 12 multiplier. It may, or it may not.

I think i'm gonna get a sparkle,do you guys think the 400w is worth the extra 20 $ Also ,the chip did do 2400mhz stable,but while running one stick of ram and no vdd mod. Thanks again

Back