• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can anyone give an example of temp differences....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ardent

I currently have the Palamino chip, as in my sig. My load temps are 46*c, which I am not thrilled about. I run the fan at 4500rpm on my Volcano 9.... a little too loud for my tastes.

My next purchase will be to trade out my Palamino core for a T'Bred core, but I am wondering what kind of temp differences I will get with the T'Bred....... Is there anyone out there that has had a Palamino, T' Bred A & T' Bred B in the same system that can provide some kind of reference of varying temps?

Also, can someone provide some insight as to why I am having problems pushing up my overclock past what is stated in my sig? When I boot @ fsb set to 160, 159, 158, it will load into Windows, but when I run any kind of app for burn in......the system reboots. Is this a PSU problem, cos if so, I am now wishing I got the 350W Sparkle!

Lastly, I think I may have to Lap my heatsink too for a little extra performance....what kind of temp difference will that make? 1*-2*C?

Thanks for any replies,
Ardent

I got about 9C difference in cooling going from a paly to a tbredB....
Lapping the heatsink would be a very good thing to think about as every degree helps....

pretty much about the same here, going from Tbird 1400 to TbredB 1700+, both at stock

Last edited:
you can also get a "quiet" hsf like this one http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/product.htm
I run dual 2400's in a black server case (heat holding POS) my proc temp (read on die) is 10 degrees above ambient so board temp of 33*C would give me around 43*C on die. i am using two copper flowers with the included 92 mm fans. Noise is almost nonexhistant.
and 9*C sounds about right between a tbird and a tbred, and about half that between a pally and a tbred

i also got a flower on an AGOIA 1600 (currently @ 1800) with a 6"fan mod in side of case (big slow fans rock!) and that one is running 35*C (all temps posted by me are 100 percent load after at least .5 hour).

Just an idea to thwart the noise issue

Last edited:
You could always consider watercooling. When I switched to WC, I gained 120 MHz and dropped about 10C at the same time. I was previously using an AX-7/delta 68. Now my computer is much cooler, slightly faster, and much quieter.

It's just another option, maybe right for you.

I have never really considered H20 before, not sure that I want to onvest the time or the money to be honest, but thanks for the suggestion...

ardent said:
Also, can someone provide some insight as to why I am having problems pushing up my overclock past what is stated in my sig? When I boot @ fsb set to 160, 159, 158, it will load into Windows, but when I run any kind of app for burn in......the system reboots. Is this a PSU problem, cos if so, I am now wishing I got the 350W Sparkle!

This, from my original post, is what is really bugging me.....any ideas?

Thx, ardent

I can tell you a few things.my athalons became unstable at 44c according to the under die sensor,all of them.the t-bird,xp and t-bred all seem to share the same temp threshold on my mobo.The t-bird ran a few c's hotter than the xp and the t-bred ran a few c's cooler than the xp.The main reason was the v-core setting each using a setting slightly lower than the previous.
I have a t-bred 2100 now with an sk7 and 80 mm fan glued onto it.It idles at 37 and runs 39 under full load at 1.69 v-core(this according to under die sensor).
my board reboots whenever it is unstable in windows,it needs either more v-core or less oc to become stable.my 2100 will not exceed 2.0 mhz with any v-core setting,at least with this mobo.
My 8rda+ will be here by tuesday and i will see if the temps differ on that board.I can hardly wait.

Well, to update this thread, I finally got round to getting an SK-7 which lowered my idle and load to 36°C and 40°C respectively.

Unforetunately, I am still having the same problems with the overclock, so I can only conclude that it must be the PSU.

For example, anything over 155FSB, 3DMark will either crash or the system will reboot....

Anyone have any further ideas? I cant believe my processor has maxed out, nor do I believe it could be the ram, and seeing as I dont have another stick to test with, I cant rule it out either.......

*edit*

Figured it out in the end, it was the ram holding me back......hmmm, time for a new stick me thinks :)

Last edited:
Back