• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help I think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BIG-O-2

OK, I read the sticky on Power Supplies and I think I am more confused now. I am going to get a Codegen 8011 case, it does not have a power supply. I can add one for verious prices they do not offer a queit PSU or anything that looks like the selection the stick talked about. I have posted the link to the case it has a list of PSU seletions on this page. I looked at all my PSU and they all have +3.3 @ 15A, +5 @ 30A, +12 @ 12A. I always bought the case and it came with a power supply in it, I never had a choice. I run what you se below for a system. All my PSU are 250w - 300w right now and they seem to work fine I have overclocked everything I own to at least 30% over stock mHz. I never have had a problem.

Codegen 8011

Codegen maked a 300w PSU that is cheap and a dual fan I think. What should I be looking for???

I will be making a Media machine with this case but not right at first. I will have 4 HD in a Raid config, when I get the money, to do video editing and DVD burning for my family and friends.

[http://kingwin.com/product.asp?cid=9&pid=93

Try that link and take a look around I have the 450 and I dont think you will find anything close to it for the price of this one

I have tryed twice to post this link and it wont work so you'll have to cut and paste it in but its worth the time

They must be having problem with there server this one isnt working either but it was awhile ago.
Anyhow you are looking for the kingwin 450 tri fan one
Good luck

I have been having a hard time getting onto Newegg, but I got through and the case is $49.00 with 350W Codegen PSU. so I think I will get it at that price and the reviews from Newegg say the PSU is everything needed for the case and extras you might need.

I added up my amps on the 3.3v and 5v side of my current PSU and I get 196W if you throw in the 12v and you get 340W but the case says 300W.

Oh well I guess I have a PSU that is down rated to save you from being disapointed.

Thanks for the help the Kingwin did look good. And I still may head that way one day.

Hardly any of the supplies listed for sale with that case are mentioned in the sticky because the sticky is talking about quality supplies, rather than a spec sheet wonder. The best supplies on that list are Herolchi and Enermax, with the Enermaxes being hugely overpriced. Herolchi is good quality, but the 350 and 400W models don't have enormous output. They are the best supplies on that list nonetheless.

The whole notion of the sticky was to warn against junk like the 350W Cogeden you are considering. The point was knowing it is 350W tells you nothing, but the fact that it is Cogeden tells the whole story. These are amongst the cheapest and lowest quality supplies made.

It may well be that choosing a quality supply will drive the cost up 5 dollars, maybe 6. These are not dollars that it is wise to try to save. Buy a 350W Fortron/Sparkle or a SL350 Antec as a practical minimum, or be prepared to wish you had.

I just got a 350watt Sparkle. The price cannot be beat. Only thing that could do better is a PC Power and Cooling.

I currently have a Fortron 300W and it adds up to 340W. The Codegen is the same or more amps for the volts than I have now?

Are you saying they are lying about what they have posted?

I want to make the right choice here not just a settle for thing.

please look at this Link Larva.

Let me know if this going to be less than what I have now.

Fortron 300W
3.3 @ 14 (reading 3.32v)
5.0 @ 30 (reading 5.05v)
12 @ 12
Running (ASUS I-Panel)

Thanks for the help, I hate spending money only to spend more.

Last edited:
Back