• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TV Tuner Card and XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EmTSea19

I am looking for a great TV Tuner card that is very compatible with a Radeon 9500 Pro and Windows XP Pro. Also a card that has great picture in picture. Nothing that is too expensive. Less than a $100.00 if absolutely necessary, but I wouldn't mind the $50.00 or less range. Any ideas? Thanks.

The best I can help you is to tell you to go to Newegg.com and compare the different cards they have and their prices. Also, try searching around the different review sites and see if they've compared any of the cards.

Yah, I looked at newegg, but they have so many different ones it's hard to tell. I'll do a search and see if I can find a really good review that covers a bunch of them. Thanks.

There is a Hauppage WinTV card for sale in the classifieds.... I have a very similar version, (mine has s-vid in and FM radio as well but same card, just more features). I love mine, and he's selling it for $30 I believe.... trust me, these are about as good as it gets.

EDIT... just like to add... even for a slimmed down version, $30 is a steal... I paid $150 2 years ago.

i've heard that th leadtek xp2000 decimates all, comes with remote and has all those nice lil features. it's on sale at newegg too . if i had the moneyi'd get it but do some research then make ur decision.

Thats another feature I forgot to mention about the Hauppage.... they have remote's as well.

ssspy007, with the Leadtek can you get picture in picture with out two tuners like Sickboy said?

(though it doesn't seem to make sense that you would need 2 tuners at all for PIP)

what are you looking for?

are u looking to mainly record tv or just to watch it, because what you want changes what the best option is for you.

Just my 2 cents

DO NOT get the ATI tv card. I've had one and it was nothing but problems. Installing drivers by itself was quite painful.
Personally if i was buying one i would get the Leadtek....it comes with remote and everything.

Back