• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

received xp1800Tbred.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

emericanchaos

Updated: received xp1800Tbred.

received my xp1800 i ordered from new egg. it's green and i thought Tbreds were all brown. chip says axda1800ut3c then under that JIUHB 0306TPCW. so JIUHB would be stepping and it would be week 306 correct?

now i'm confused because A. it's green. but, B. the L1 bridges don't have the laser cut pits between them.

green Tbred?

Last edited:
actually i didn't plan on doing anything with it. i was going to send it back for an xp2100 Tbred B. but i guess since i have 7 days to RMA it i can give it some toast. i dunno, my machine isn't the greatest, A7V266-E and pc2100. i wouldn't be able to really push it that hard.

if you guys are really that curious about it i'll pop it in. just need some more replies before to late. up to you guys. if you think it's worth me giving it a shot in my rig than i'll do it. if someone with a better setup(newer chipset, better memory) would be willing to buy it for what i paid newegg, $65, than that can work too.

dude im betting that chip will rock.mabey as good or better than a 2100B.
and sorry i dont get paid enought to cover that until friday.
jiuhb is a great stepping and being green my fav color i have high hopes for ya!

after getting a response to my other thread i'm a bit more inclined to pop this in. would like a few more opinions on whether i should try it or send it back.

you should try it. Then send it back or whatever. I dont think we have any reports on that chip or anything like it - so if it does good we'll know.

I mean what if thats an easy 2.5gig chip and you just get rid of it without finding out. Think about it...

Yes, see what it will do. It's your responsibilty as a Overclocker to see what it will do :) What does that ddr2100 you have max at?

do you know how dangerous it is to tease us like this?
a new cpu with an untested stepping and you wont even put it in!
jeeeeez man.im about to go to your house and twist your arm till you throw that chip in!

is that lancaster ohio? if so bring it to my house ill give it a good work out :)

I pushed my 2100 very high with some 2100 ram and still have it. Just waiting for my paycheck to come to get me some new ram from Fry's My specs are quite good but not the ram part

sorry lancaster pennslyvania. its in right now. surprising it didn't need a BIOS flash. i'm on a different computer so don't think i'm benching it on the same thing on posting with. right now it's running PC mark. it did 3dmark 2001 Se. not a great score but my GPU suxors. trying to give it a little mini burn in.

test system is;
said chip
512 PC 2100C3 Generic.
WD caviars. 80GB 7200RPM 8MBcache
Asus A7V266-E
Radeon 7500 at 260/440
Antec 550W TP
Toshiba sd-r1202
Win2k Pro SP2+security patches.

tried 11.5*154 POST'ed fine but in windows i got a BSOD saying NTFS FILE SYSTEM ERROR. guess the hard drives didn't like 39Mhz PCI. damned 1/4 divisor.

if these things come from AMD unlocked than i should be able to ram up the multi at my current FSB. i didn't see the laser cuts on the L1 like my old palomino has. are these factory unlocked or do you still need to connect the fifth L3 or whatever?.

one things for sure. these run ALOT cooler than the palomino cores. just today my 1900 showed me 61C. the 1800 gets 46 at full load.

Last edited:
Back