• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Almost a 1ghz overclock out of my 1700+tb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewthomas14

its running at 12.5x195=2437.5 right now @ 1.75v, 38C load. been running prime for the past 3hrs so i would say it's pretty stable. i will try 196x12.5 so it will be more than at 2450 . i think i will hafta increase the vcore to get to 196. i dont think my mobo give me any higher multi than 12.5 and i dont wanna unlock so i hope 196fsb works. all this is done with sys in my sig. not bad for a cpu i got fer 49.99

ahh poop it failed after 3hrs and 55min. it was a rounding error. does that mean i need more voltage. i upped it to 1.8v will let it run overnight.

Could anyone help me OC my new comp?
I have an :
XP2700
Asus mobo A78Nx/dx
Gforce ti4600 128mb
Geil 2x 256(pc3200)
X-spider (420w) case 8 fans (1 Volcano9)
it runs at 34C all the time

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx
PS 3d marks it ran 13356 score.

Wow. First 2400+ I've seen on the forums that beats mine. Grats. I'm not certain of the exact number mine can reach at 1.75v I just know it takes 1.775 to hit 2385 (or thereabouts). I didnt try anything higher at 1.775v yet, though I suppose I should sometime. I know I can break 2400 with 1.80v

hey guys
iam running @ 1.6V now...is it safe to bump up 1.7V or how risky it is with this 1700+xp Tbred B 0307

2035mhz@11 x 185 for now

That depends on what kind of cooling you have. Raise the voltage and see where your load temps go. If your MB supports temperature alerting, set it for 50 or so. If your load temps are under that, you have plenty of room for more voltage.

I am running a SLK-800 cooled 1700+ at 1.8v no problem.

iam running sk-7 with a big fan, tornado
the mobo is a7n8x ..and i dont see any auto shut down temp setting ..although I know or heard many ppl said it has C.O.P ..just cannot find in the BIOS

Damn I would like to know what's wrong with my system! My XP 1700 JUIHB 0302 Tbred B won't even do 1.8ghz with 1.85v's! :mad: It's unstable and crash happy.

BTW, nice OC!

Man it is NOT the chip. Something else is holding you back Try 166*11.5 at stock voltage (Make certain you're on 1/5 divider). I'll bet it will do it. If not I'd look at your PSU, cooling, memory, etc.

got it stable at 195x12.5(i think thats the max multi for the chip) with 1.8v and ran prime for 11hrs 41min. im running 198x12.5 now @ 1.85v cuz it failed prime after an hr @ 1.825v. how high vcore is too high? my temps are 40C load right now.

i think i have a psu problem. i tried increasing the vcore but my system shuts down after trying to run prime and i have to hold the start button down to restart it. you guys think its the psu?

I don't think it's the psu, a lot of people seem to have these cold boot problems. I have them sometimes as well. Not sure exactly what's causing it but I'm pretty sure it's not the psu.

And what's with those nForce2 boards and multiplier problems? No one ever seems to say anything bad about those boards, but I think that's a fairly significant drawback.

That cold start thing happens to me sometimes too. Not in the exact way you say but when i havent run the comp in a while, i have to turn it on, let it 'warm up' then restart and then it will work.

What kind of PS do you have by the way?

and to captain hilts: cooler.

Well that's the problem, you only have up to 12.5 when you should be able to access the high multipliers as well. The nForce2 boards seem to have a problem with this.

That's me, the Cooler King.

No via boards that I know of allow multis out of the chips default 3-12.5, 13-25 either.

Back