• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yahoo mail with Outlook

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have Yahoo Canada mail, which allows me free POP access. What you do to get that is go into the Mail Options, then the POP Access and Forwarding section. Select "Web and POP Access" and hit submit.

IDK if it works with Non-Canada Yahoo, i've heard otherwise. From there, it should tell you how to set it up.

Wish I could do that with hotmail but every 30 days they tell me i'm going to have to pay if I keep using outlook to get my hotmail messages. That sucks.

On the Yahoo Canada, to get POP access, you are auto-signed up for newsletters and added to advertiser's mailing lists *spam*. Nice thing about it is that after you set up your setting to POP, you can just go back in, and uncheck everything you signed up for. I get amost no spam at all.. maybe 1 piece a month, if I'm lucky.

Outlook express has a thing were you can use HTTP email services. I just need the yahoo server name

westhoops04 said:
Outlook express has a thing were you can use HTTP email services. I just need the yahoo server name
If I recall correctly, for the HTTP email services to work, yahoo will have to purchase and install a special program from Microsoft in order for it to work. I don't think they did that.

Yahoo Canada lets you do POP3 for free, IDK why other Yahoos don't.

Back