• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temp probes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bbt82z

Registered
what is the proper way to mound a temp prob for the cpu, fsb, and vid? i assume you cant just stick it between the chip and clocks.....

Uhm, I'm not sure I'm understanding "between the chip and clocks..." but usually you can use a flat probe that touches the edge of the cpu core underneath your HS because the core is slightly raised.

For the gpu you can tape the probe to the back of the gpu. Neither of these methods are really going to give you truly accurate readings so don't take those temps as real core temps.

chip and blocks....sorry

what would be the best way to get an accurate temp when i need it besides opening up the case...

I have used the Compu-nurse in the same manner, tape the tip of the probe right to the edge of the CPU, GPU.

Much better than the insocket probe.

i hate to be retarded but can i get a picture, i am understanding, but when you say tip, how much of it and does the surrounding temp catch affect??

bbt82z said:
i hate to be retarded but can i get a picture, i am understanding, but when you say tip, how much of it and does the surrounding temp catch affect??

Here's the pic, just put the tip right up to the chip. The probe will only pickup the highest temp.
probe-1.jpg

thank you so much, a buddy of mine just put the whole damn thing under his block (i thought that might be bad) oh well i will let him know

Back