• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ideas to lighten my water...Screwed up =(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Codeman05

Well I'm an idiot...and while attempting to get a orange water color...I mixed up the ratios and added to much blue...now have a darrrrk purple :cry:
Draining is a PITA, any ideas on how I could clear it up before I go
ahead and drain it??

Ya I had some clear food coloring but i lost it........

I'm draining it out, this gives me a good reason to install my bay res hehe. Will post some pics when I'm done, should really clean up the tubing

I was jokin bro hehe :p

Well heres a couple of pics, they dont quite do it justice.
The bay res does glow very nicely in the front of the case

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

Water is still a bit dark, but as the air works out and some evaporates it should lighten up a bit

sacarcasm is tricky

That is funny WhiteHawk. It is pretty hard to convey sarcasm through text. They need some sort of sarcasm meter heehehee.

Is that a wetwilly fan shroud? seems like it covers more of the rad than mine. I only miss about 1/8" on each corner, so i guess it does not matter.

I like the color, seems to match the case colors well.

but as you said, you cant really tell from photos.

nice job with the rig anyways

hehe yea it looks really pimp now in person lol. Now that all the air is out it look really nice.
Yep thats the good ole wet willy shroud. I made em really short so when I put in the new 120x38mm fans I can still fit in the case hehe

nah, its more or less how it looks in those pics, just not as dark.
Before I draining the hell outa the system it was a realllly dark purple, almost black

Sorry, but I have to ask: why were you trying to make orange with blue in the first place? Doesn't make any sense at all with subtractive pigments.

well, according to these stupid instuctions on the back on this foodcoloring packet, red and blue in a 5:1 ratio gives orange :eek:
Seemed a bit off to me also, but whatever. Looks pretty sweet now ;)

Back