• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions on Via Aqua 1300.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
Needed a new pump since mine is badly underpowered and this looked like a decent deal for the cash. Most reviews I read gave it good marks even though I know most everyone prefers Eheim (I just didn't want to spend $60 for a pump).

Just wanting to hear what those who've had experience with this pump thought about it and how reliable it is over time.

I had mine for about 4 months and didn't have problems with it. It does vibrate quite a bit, so plan on sitting it on a mouse pad or something.

Via Aqua= Teh Win!!

For $25 they just cant be beat. Get the premodded one from becooling and they will put whatever fitting youd like on it and also mod it to prevent the "pump rattle" that early adopters dealt with.

I have had mine running 24x7 for about 4 months with no problems. It give good head thru my Maze 3 and large heatercore. Now about my girlfriend. . .. .

On the issue of vibrating- just make sure you have ALL the air out of your system and it will be whisper quiet. Mine was somewhat loud until I shook the last 2-3 bubbles out of the pump.

vibrates a lot, gets hot but not too hot. Mine got really really loud, I ran it outside my system. I tested it submerged, and that seemed to help, though it still vibrated a lot.

I'm done with my via aqua, water cooling's on hold for me till I get a new pump. Don't get the via aqua.

Well, it's going to be submerged and I'm not concerned with noise. 5 other rigs in here that air-cooled kind of kills any hope of quietening things down any. Vibration should be kept to a minimum as it's going to actually be mounted inside the reservoir instead of just freely sitting...I wouldn't notice regardless.

I'm sure the Maxijet is better, but I'm mainly after functionality. The heater core I have coming will help cool things drastically better than they are at the moment and I really have no complaints about my current setup...except that pump. It's just way too underpowered.

I already ordered a 3/8" adapter with it so fittings are set. $25 shipped for all just seemed like a good deal.

Mine don't seem to vibrate so much nor get what I'd consider "hot" in my setup.....inline that is. I ran it submerged also with no problems. I'd consider the temp of it "warm" at worst by touching the side of it while running inline.

My only complaint about it is how far I have to keep my monitor away from my rig when the pump's runnin in there ;)

ive had mine for around 3 months and have not had any problems with it, but i had to put a wash cloth under it, bc of the vibration, but no big deal

Mine was loud for about 2 weeks then just went silent. Thank heavens... Am perfectly happy with it now.

wait a minute Jon... if the pump you have now is "badly" underpowered, the aqua rio might be also. I don't what kind of system you have, ie only cpu block? amd/intel. the ovious question is what is the pump you have now rated at?

or do you allready know that the aqua will surfiece?
i have an aqua, runs decent. you get what you payfor. Danner is a good choice.

I like 'em! Ya can't beat the bang for the buck, I've been using 'em and had no problems with them. 370gph is sweet, too!
(Especially since you can get about (3) via aqua's for the price of one 1250.) It's a good choice.

I wouldn't think twice about buying another one for the $12 I paid if I had to buy one again

Back