• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do not order from Directron!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you'd like my response ;)

They obviously know very little about customer service, which is why newegg gets all my business.

I'm so proud of this one I'm posting it here :p

John, you definitely know how to dodge bullets (and skillfully I might add).

I can guess by the tone of your responses that you are someone uninterested in resolving the matter, but rather in convincing the customer they are wrong, you right, and that anyone who disagrees needs to pee up that proverbial rope. You could have simply resolved this thread, by apologising for being 'short/rude,' but it seems you just throw your manager in the way (to take those bullets for you) and continue to make excuses/explanations for issues the customer is not presenting as the real problem (your attitude). Shame on you.

The reality is, if the customer's unhappy there's probably little else you're going to be able to do as a company at this point to bring them back, especially when your competition is light-years ahead in the areas this customer feels you lack. His small and quiet complaints to your manager will get filed away and you will continue to **** off more and more customers (because it's easier to hire then fire in today's workforce). Congratulations, you're the quinticential office monkey, and based on what I've seen here, you're heading straight to the top of your department! :rolleyes:

Shauns, I am with Directron here. It isn't their fault nor is it poor customer service on their part. You are bringing a really poor attitude to the situation, which is going to help yourself with anything.

Newegg has awesome customer service. Incredible service. Not everyone is newegg, nor does every site have the volume of Newegg and the ability to go the extra mile. There are bottom lines.

Directron did everything right. It isn't their fault that either case got damaged on either trip. Would speeding up the shipping solve UPS's problem if they are drop kicking the case around the warehouse, maybe. But by shipping you a second case, they already lost that sale, then add on $20 or so to upgrade the shipping, and you get the picture.

Directron is a good company. You are trying to compare a Ruby to a Diamond. One is worth a lot more than the other, but both are precious.

You have a couple of gripes, but yelling isn't going to get you anywhere and you are blaming the wrong party for your problems.

Yeah, Directron could have gone an extra three miles for you when they already did go the extra mile, but I think its unreasonable to expect that.

This thread is unreasonable.

Sure Directron COULD have sent you a dozen roses but it's not their obligation. The customer service did nothing wrong and I am not interested in their tone of voice because they honored their obligation, and then some.

You got an immediate reaction... the UPS way which is really all you're really entitled to, is slower.

Life is full of disappointments.

I'm posting my responses here 'cause I suspect this thread will eventually be deleted as I refuse to back down now as they are being fools about the entire, minor issue:

Originally posted by SteveS:
Yet never do I give a customer something they are not due and have not paid for. Even if they think something is wrong.

Customer received broken item, aparently broken by UPS but that's not 100% definite either (this is as possible as your pompous suspicion that he's scamming you). Odds are, UPS broke it and the customer's NOT scamming you. But I appreciate seeing you type "we don't even know whether the customer has actually scammed Directron out of a second case and a third bezel". Suspicion and allegations thrown at your customers gives me confidence that buying from you is a mutually beneficial and satisfying experience. I like companies I buy from to hate me and suspect I will do everything in my power to get back the money I spent with them. I return time after time for the suspicion and abuse. It wouldn't be a satisfactory sale if I didn't.

This customer was ****ed off because UPS had damaged two of his shipments in a row. Instead of taking it out on his UPS man, he is trying to take out his anger on a distant company he cannot see face to face.

Question: customer is delivered 2 broken items from UPS, why has Directron said nothing to the affect that they are more concerned with items they ship being repeatedly broken by the shipper than they are about the customers complaints? It would seem to me I'd want to choose a shipping company I could feel confident knowing my items will reach my customers unharmed so incidents like this never happen... but... instead you continue to badger the customer 'cause it's his fault he's upset after several consecutive bad shipments.

Did you break the items? Likely not. Do you have a part to play in this? Yes. YOU choose to continue to use a shipper with a bad reputation for damaging the shipments. Point the finger and there's three pointing back.

And the customer is the one who brought up the Custoemr Service Rep's supervisor, so the CS rep is simply providing the customer a means to contact that supervisor.

Where's this? I scanned the thread, I didn't see it... only reference was "Your sup defenatly needs to listen to your phone conversations" which hardly sounds like shaun's interested in filing a useless complaint... and you're still dodging the whole apology thing.

In this case, the CS rep exceeded the normal policy on shipping damage by shipping twice based solely on the customer's word in the interest of keeping the customer happy, rather than the actual policy of waiting until UPS has sent a representative to examine the damaged package and determine whether it will replace the item.

Stand still, you're still ducking and diving ... customer's main issue, clearly stated here "because you where RUDE, short, and unhelpful". Perhaps someone could finally discuss the "rude and short" part.

Probably not the case, but you would have to accept it would be a possibilty and not inconsistent with what we actually know.

If creating silly examples to attempt to victimize the victim is your idea of customer service, you need to find another business.

William and Ugmore Baggage, I agree 100% -- this is and will continue to be a UPS issue, but the way in which these reps are handling this is 100% wrong. I'm ONLY addressing the issue of their definition of 'customer support' and less the fact UPS stinks.

I'm with Shauns on this, you not only pay for a product.. you pay for good Customer Service with polite and curtious attitude.

I've had my share of pricks that were in the CS field, And I can see the point here.. the problem is not with the fact that shipping company damaged the goods, its the attitude that the CS rep has had, and apparently continues to have.

and I'll agree with Pinky, this man is absolutely SUPERB at dodging and ducking :bang head

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=171526

By the looks of it, he has had trouble with directron to.

Shauns, what I said was the reason they are being pricks to you, is that you keep being a prick to them. It went from something where both sides were somewhat amicable to each other, then escalated due to failures on both parts. The best way to get what you want with a business is often to do it with a smile and ask politely.

Screaming at the top of your lungs just makes the CS person want to do the same back to you, whether its your job or not. The only reason they are acting like pricks(and they are now) is cause you are acting like one too.

Take a deep breath, and come back with something better. Had you thought about asking Directron when they ship something to you next time(if you need a replacement or something) to ship it with better padding and protection? Something like that is going to go a lot further than telling them how stupid their CS is.

Your just burning bridges here. If your upset, do what you would do anyways and take your money elsewhere. But say in the future you have to deal with them again, on something reasonable and they remember you(something that is likely). Your not going to get an extra inch or couple of feet with them.

They aren't handling this that well, but neither are you. Business isn't a one way street, it goes both ways. Directron messed up, fine. But your taking the wrong approach to this.

I think he was stating the obvious, that their little screw up cost them some service. He cited 25,000 people that -could- read his thread. Translating roughly to "You're going to lose a lot of business over this" and I think it worked. I've heard some horror stories, but there is no way I'm shopping there. Anytime (everytime) I've had a problem ordering something, the reseller has shipped it to me 2nd day shipping (or better) regardless if they were at complete fault or not. Saying "too bad for your luck, you're waiting over three weeks for your case" isn't the way to get customer service. Its not exactly like its a cd-rom he can live without for three weeks, its the case for his new computer.

But thank you for the excellent heads-up, they aren't getting my $$.

i saw thier ofrums said directron.net/ i thought you were talkin directron.com are there two? if so could be some interesting stuff here.

Intrepid6546 said:
i saw thier ofrums said directron.net/ i thought you were talkin directron.com are there two? if so could be some interesting stuff here.

This IS about Directron.com, .net is their forums url

I don't necessarily see there being a problem with the way in which shaun used the overclockers.com name. It was never meant to mislead or misrepresent, so I guess I never saw it as a threat.

HAHAHAHAHA @ Pinky. You lost 5 IQ points arguing with those 2.

:( at me I just lost 10 IQ points for reading both threads.

Having never ordered at Directron and you simply having CS rudeness I cant say I would never order from there again but shauns I heard what you said loud and clear. You just cant expect much from salespeople and CS reps anymore. Some people arent into doing the company good. But rather just watch the clock and try to make things as short as possible so they have free tiem at work just to mess around.

Fault lies here 100% with the CS for not putting on a big fake smile saying in his best fake screw you voice 'I am so sorry shaun that this problem has happened twice to you. My hands are tied here, but I will PERSONALLY make sure your replacment case is expidited through our handling process. In fact not only that but I will also OPEN the box to make sure the case has no prior damage and I will throw some extra bubble wrap to help prevent any possible damage.' keep lips firmly planted on customers butt the entire time no matter how much you mumble....

Its not that hard to please a customer without giving free things. Its called tact and soem people have none.

For the first time in my life I have actually been NEGATIVE in the IQ points column

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back