• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking of buying a new chip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zindane18

Im looking to buy a new chip....Im looking in the $250 dollar ball park range...any ideas on what the best to get for my money....I currently have a AT7-MAX2....my sys specs are in my sig.

Thx

buy a 1700 b or 2100 b only cost you bout 50-90 bucks shipped and you should be able to get 2.2 ghz or more. take the dough you saved and have fun with it. if you really want to spend 250 i'd buy a 2500 barton after a couple of steppings go by.

either one don't think it makes a difference oem or retail they make both in brown or green. I like the look of the greenie personally.

I agree with snvpa...

snvpa said:
buy a 1700 b or 2100 b only cost you bout 50-90 bucks shipped and you should be able to get 2.2 ghz or more. take the dough you saved and have fun with it. if you really want to spend 250 i'd buy a 2500 barton after a couple of steppings go by.

Just picked up a 1700TbredB and man this thing flies. I bought it to replace my palimino 1700. No comparison! It ran fine at 1.97ghz with no extra voltage, 2.1 Ghz with a little bit of extra juice.

Back