• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Matrix Full Tower MOD Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
LOL Thanks! Too bad they took those cows off the market. It seems that little kids were choking on the legs :rolleyes: I had to glue the legs back on, but it looks good now!!

Actually, i came very close to ordering a window with my pc, but after some thought, i decided against it. Personally, i dont like the look of a window, even with a cold cathode or multiple LED fans. The inside of my case looks like crap; there are tons of wires and i dont have rounded cables so its a big mess in there( Im just too lazy to clean up the inside of the case) :)

i love the look of the fan in the side :) that's pretty sweet lookin when the lights are off... definitely like the case (any the os! gotta love win2k)
:clap: very nicely done looks nice a purty :)

I was considering getting the same case, how is the rear panel attached? Cause I may need to remove it and fit a new one... hoping to move the motherboard up and fit a prometeia unit underneath.

I dont know about removing the rear panel, but i know that the motherboard tray cannot be moved. In fact, the space for the motherboard is somewhat limited by a support bracket that runs just above the motherboard( its held in place by these rivet screws, so it doesnt look like removing them would be very easy) Ill take some more pics of the inside to show you what i mean.
Thanks for the comments !! :cool:

i know directron sells the chieftec matrix cases:
Yep. I bought it from directron.com in early september for about $72(w/o power supply). Chieftec also recently released their new case designs, so you may want to check those out as well.

http://www.chieftec.com/

Nice.

Are there room for 3 fans in the front of that matrix maxi tower ? or did u mod the 3rd front fanb in there ?

Also are there 3 outtake fans ?

If so im ordering rigth away :)

The case comes with room for three fans in the front(one on the very bottom, plus one for each of the two removable hd trays.) There are 2 80mm outtake fans on the rear , plus a 9cm outtake fan located just above the power supply. Plus there is the side intake fan( i believe the black matrix case does not include the side fan however) The only drawback to this case is the lack of a removable motherboard tray :(
On another note, the 80mm fan mounts dont require any screws( with the exception of the side fan) so installation is very easy. There also appears to be enough room for a second mobo, so i was considering taking apart an xbox and installing it inside the case !:D

Man, i was starting to think nobody would notice the poster. I didnt really think anything of it until i looked at the pics myself :D

Back