• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why no 9800 pics and more importantly...benches

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it hasnt been released yet? actually there was a pic a little while ago comparing an R300 to 9800 and there wasnt much difference

i saw a pic of the 9800 is like the 9700pro but with a molex connector, no a floppy one, and the 9600 (rv350) didn't have one at all

Darkseid said:
i saw a pic of the 9800 is like the 9700pro but with a molex connector, no a floppy one, and the 9600 (rv350) didn't have one at all

hmm, rv350 is going to have both 8 pipelines and 256 bit memory right??? but just lower clock speeds opposed to r9700...

RV350 is probably 4 pipes and definitely 128bit memorybus. Clockspeeds higher than 9700Pro. And because of lower transistor count and 0.13 process it probably overclocks like crazy :D

can't wait for the prices of 9700 pro to drop :) i doubt i will be able to buy 9800 as new products are normally have a prize tag i can't afford :rolleyes:

Where did you hear that from? Have the clockspeeds been totally figured out, and annonced by ATI?

So far, I've heard the memory will be about 375MHz (DDR750), but 800 would sure be nice. 400MHz on the core would be great too, I think they might need it if they want that 40% increase....but who knows. Guess we'll all find out soon enough.

Just get me a release date for the 256MB version and I'm there :D

I wont speculate on pricing this time, but how much are you willing to pay anyway? also your cpu might actually bottleneck such a fast card :eek: youd want over 3GHz

I'm ok with prices as long as it doesn't get stupid (over $500).

I'm not worried about bottlenecks, since some of us actually use AA and AF. And I think my system is fast enough not to bottleneck the card with detail settings that high.

before you buy that card, read all the reviews. if a 3.5GHz cpu scores better in high res, max details than a 2.8GHz, dont buy it!

and why not oc550? most often a faster processor will score better. you most of the time make no sense overclocker. and 3.5 is almost 1 ghz faster than 2.8. sheesh man.

Back