• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

so uh.. anyone elses bf1942 just randomly drop to desktop like the process was ended?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

so uh.. anyone elses bf1942 just randomly drop to desktop like the process was ended?

cause mine just does that once in a while.. no warning no beep no error.. just quits to desktop as if i pressed alt f4

max

If happened to me a couple of times, have you tried reinstalling the latest patch?

Yep, I get that from time to time as well. Happened both before and after patches, so I don't think they really affected it in my case. Thankfully it doesn't happened too often (maybe once out of every 15 times I play).

I've gotten dumped to desktop before,

But yesterday I was playing and it caused my computer to restart, and it did not detect the harddrive at first :( This happened to me again a few hours later:mad:

And I don't even have anyting overclocked at the time:mad:

I've only had the problem a few times, but i lowered my overclock just a tad and it hasn't happened any more.

Happens to me too , but only when I have a HIGH overclock going.
Seems that online-game play is affected also by HIGH overclocks ( will loose server connection after 5-10 minutes of game play) .
I've toned down my overclock , and now most of (if not ALL) my problems with BF1942 have disappered .
This only happens too me with BF1942 ; all my other games play fine at a HIGH overclock on my system .
Pretty wierd , for such a quality game .
My .02

stereo555

Back