• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

running in my athlon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you mean after it gets burned in, then the temps may lower. during the burnin they should and need to be under 50*c

its when you run the system/components at max capacity in order to "break them in" per se. after the manufacuring process, on a microscopic level, ther are many rough edges and adn things that need as much power as can safely be put through it as possible in order to fully open up all the pathways. think of it like getting all the air bubbles out of a water cooled system. the air bubbles dont exactly hurt performance, but if get rid of all of em you will be that much more efficient.

some people will say burn-in is a joke, that its not necessary. i do it. its helped the stability of my ram, hasnt hellped me on a higher cpu overclock tho.

The_Jizzler: do you have some refrences for that info? I have yet to find anything to suggest that burning-in is usefull in any way other than to check system stability except for anecdotal (sp?) evidence.

Back