• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this correct?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

walldow

first i would like to thank every one that posted at my other two threads on getting strated with water coolers!

ok, i got my water setup in, after doing a case mod for the radiator. maby i am wanting too much but i thought i would get a little better results. i'll give you the rundown on the air cooling settup i was using compared to the water cooling setup.

air settup:
volcano7 heatsink with vantec 85cfm 80mm fan.
was running 12x200@2400mhz with [email protected], 35c idle and 41c on full load.

water settup:by Logic Cooling
db-2 waterblock with sping clamps
radiator with shroud and 120mm panflo
Lt700 inline pump
all 1/2" barbs, and lines
running 12.5x200@2500mhz with [email protected], 35c idle and 41c full load.

water flow:from pump to radiator, to waterblock, back to pump. no resivior. using t line settup. using distilled water with zerex anti corrosion protectant (by valvoline)

does evrything sound o.k.? it is not performing much better than my air cooling settup? but it is 100% quieter. don't like using the spring clamps, guess i'll get a socket clamp later.

any feedback would be nice thaks!:cool:

Last edited:
I'd say that's performing fairly well given what you're cranking out of the cpu in terms of heat. It will be quieter than air cooling of course, which for me is the main point, rather than overclocking. If you're only using one fan on the radiator, you could use two in a push pull, both shrouded, or use a higher power fan if you don't mind the noise. That' really the only suggestion right now, not knowing how all your watercooling parts perform individually.

ok is the heat sensor on diode or in socket? how much quieter is it? are your fans on max? is there a shroud on your core? is it set properly pressure wise and evenly and all? and did you have to jump your vcore .2 to get the extra 100mhz? cause 2.1 is one hell of a vcore...

heat sensor is in socket, its 100% quieter, yes fans are maxed, yes the fan is placed in the center of the shroud, i don't have a presure tester, and i took the v-core from 1.95 to 2.1 to get the extra 100mhz, soft menu in bios lets me adjust up to 2.325v, in incroments of .025

Last edited:
Back