• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5.1 Suuround Sound Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

Hey guys. I just got done moving my pc back to my house (i had a 2 man LAN party last night at my friend's house lol). I got everything hooked up and all and everything works fine -except my speakers. I have Inspire 5.1 5300 speakers. My left and right speakers work fine, but I'm not getting any sound from the rear or center speaker. I unplugged the front speakers and plugged in the rear speakers to see if it was the speakers. Nope- the speakers worked fine (I plugged them into the font speaker jacks on the subwoofer). So its not the speakers. I've tried rearranging the wires in the back of my sound card. nope nothing. Still only front speakers work. So i restored everything to their defaults. nope. rebooted. nope. I tried adjusting the balance from front to rear with the volume knob/ balance dial. Nothing. I can have it set all the way to the rear speakers and still only the front speakers work. (wait- if its set all the way to the rear, why do the front speakers still make sound??? Shouldn't they not be receiving any signal at all?? weird.) I'm lost guys. I've never had this problem. No matter what I do, only the front speakers work. Very fustrating. I miss my surround sound in my games :( Maybe its the subwoofer? the jacks on the sound card itself? The volume knob might be broke? Any help would be really appreciatted guys. Thank you!

the first question i want to ask is - have you gone into creative / audioHQ / speakers / test to see if the sound card itself is still putting out the signal to all five speakers - i have an audigy gamer and i have to option to test that way..............of course, if you don't have SB, i'm sure the software for the other manufacturers also have a similar setup for testing surround-sound..........

read my sig. I got an Audigy MP3+. and no the signal does not go to all 5 speakers, just the front two. When it tests the center and rear channels, i an hear it saying "rear left", etc but REALLY, REALLY muffled coming out of my two front speakers. A lil help?

Back