• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandra says I have no IRQ, stumped.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InThrees

SiSoft Sandra says I have no IRQ assigned to my video card. Device manager says it's using irq 128. I have AGP set as primary display adapter in bios, and there is no setting for 'assign irq to vga', I looked. (Although I would have remembered seeing it before, I'm in the bios all the time it seems.)

PNY's Faq didn't really address this, other than to direct owners to enable an irq via methods that I don't have available, or that didn't work.

Is this REALLY an important issue? If so, how can I fix it?

MSI KT3 Ultra2, PNY Ti4200 4x 64mb, Win2K

first of all, IT IS addressed to one IRQ.
that module in Sandra sometimes gets screwed up, for instance, your card is not addressed to the IRQ 128, that is actually the PCI latency timer set by the drivers to your video card address.

I should have been clearer. Windows Device Manager is reporting IRQ 128 (Which strikes me as odd, but I thought it was some new ACPI function or something else wierd like that, this is my first new motherboard since an ASUS P5A-B socket 7 rig.)

PCI Latency is set to 64 in bios.

I'm going to stop worrying about this, though. I fiddled with my OC again last night, and for some reason, I can run Cas 2 stable now @ 11x166 sync (different thread) - that, coupled with a very mild card overclock yielded my first ever 11K + 3dMark2001 score, so if Sandra's percieved lack of an IRQ is affecting performance, I'm switched if I can see it.

Back