• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions on this entry level water cooling system......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Guvernment

Hey all - i thought perhaps start off basic water cooling instead of going totally hardcore off the bat..lol

a place i know of has this system:

http://www.thermaltake.com/products/AquariusII/aquariusII.htm

from what i know, or have heard, thermaltake is decent, so i though this water cooling kit maybe decent as well, to start off?

any feed back on whether it is worth it or not would be good..... even if i replace one or 2 parts from it if needed. i will not be buying the case with it.

appreciated.!

I wouldn't pay more than $100 for a system like that. It may look simple, but in reality it's gonna take about the same amount of effort to install the aquarius as almost any other watercooling system.

The aquarius system suffers from a tiny radiator and grossly underpowered pump. You'd be better off to stick with high end air cooling over that.

If you want serious performance from watercooling, don't get an Exos or an Aquarius.

^^^ thank you very much :)

i was thinking more of ease as myself - i do not havea creidt card and here in Costa rica i do not know of ANY good computer stores that u would be able to obtain what is needed to build a good cooling system.

Do you know anyone here, would make a water cooling system and sell it? As i do not have 100 posts yet to view the classified area'

Most parts should be available quite easily. For a radiator, a car heatercore works well. Plastic tubing is widely available, from DIY stores and the like. Fans arent hard to come by, and semi decent pumps can be found at places like DIY stores and garden centres. The only possible problem could be the water block. If you cant find one locally then you would probably need to either send away for one, or try and make your own one.

^^^

i shall take a look around at stores here - i have only lived here for about 2 months, so i don't know of many places yet to find these items. i also kind thought that the parts needed were more then what u could find at those types of stores, i guess it depends on the specs u want :)

as for DIY? what exactly is that? - i am sure i know, but not up 2 date with O/C lingo :D

DIY= Do It Yourself.

For most of the tubing, hose barbs, and connectors, look at hardware stores, pet stores (especially fish stores), plumbing stores, etc. For pumps, pet supply stores are a great place to look.

I haven't heard of any Costa Rican WB manufacturers, so you'll probably have to have someone make it for you or order it from someone. I've seen good waterblocks from America, Croatia, France, UK, and Australia. Take your pick, I'm sure shipping will be about the same from anywhere.

^^^^^ kew go figure DIY would be something so simple :)

i will be in toronto ontario hopefully by March 16th for a week, anyone in that area? :) have to look around their as well.

Back