• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got my SLK-900

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Good luck! And yes, post temps after plz.

Footba_SWAT5420, I haven't read anywhere that it interferes with anything on asus mobos. The problem was mainly the epox line with the capacitors next to the socket that were the problems and even then all someone had to do was bend them out just a tad so they didn't contact the heatsink. I could be wrong but I've read lots of reviews on the 900. I think thermalright had a motherboard compatability list, iono. Goodluck
:D

OK, WELL I HAVE GOT IT ON. whoa, sorry bout that, I CAN'T HEAR MYSELF THINK. holy moly, they weren't kidding when they said this fan is loud. Sound proofing this case is a must. as for the temps, im not very pleased with all the hype people give these things. Right now at stock speeds on my 2100 B, chip temp is about 33, and DIE temp is at 42. I really think its no improvement over my HHC-001. Maybe when I get it overclocked it will hold the temps lower, but so far its a disappointment. :( Also, on my Abit KD7 the Caps were in the way, so what I did was just set this thing down and tightened it up and it bent the caps only as far as they needed to go, which really wasn't that much.

try remounting it a couple times and see if you get better temps, with my tc-4 it takes a couple times mounting it to get it the way i want it, doesnt the slk-900 mount on the mobo holes? if it does crank those up some more, my mobo is bending around the socket its so tight!

I just got done mounting it for the third time. Temps haven't changed, and its stuck to the board as tight as she will go.

make sure you dont have too much AS3, this can be as much of a hindering point as it is good...if you have too much that is. those temps are way too high for that configuration...what motherboard do you have btw?

abit KD7. don't know what to do. Got the usual amount of AS3 on it, got it tight and everything.

let it settle a bit.

when i put my slk800 on with tornado 80mm it took about 12 hours before the temps started dropping. at first it was about 50 degrees load then settled to around 46-47.

i then turned the fan over to where its blowing into the heatsink and temps went down another 2-3 degrees to 43-44 load.

well, I have mine blowing into the heatsink....and at STOCK speeds load is like 47 on the die, which is no better than my HHC-001.

ambient is about 20-21C. Don't know case temp cause my KD7 doesn't report it well. and vcore is at the stock 1.6.

I'd guess that something is interferring with contact between the core and the heatsink. I'm getting lower LOAD temps in my duallie, with 1.7 vcore, with AX7's and oc'ed 600 mhz.

nah, its an Abit. i usually go by die temp, but at load and at stock speeds the in socket temp is 37

Back