• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW SYSTEM SPEC"S...advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

paupton

I am researching my new system now. Please give any comments you may have concerning issues with the following...

Asus A7N8X Deluxe MOBO
AMD XP 2500 CPU
PC 3200 memory (brand)??????
Thermaltake Xaser II A6000A+ case
Thermaltake 420 watt
Nvidia GF4 4600 MSI video
Will use on board sound
Maxtor 120 ata 133 7200 rpm

System will be used for games, dvd's, some surfing and some graphics programming.
If you have any knowledge of known issues with any of these combinations please respond.
Thanks in advance

everything looks great except video card and ram.

I would really consider a Radeon 9700none pro or a 9700pro if you got the money.

As for ram Corsair XMS is very good, with a very good price. But as they say " You get what you pay for".

I agree with sk-

Corsair makes quality ram.

Do not buy the Geforce 4 ti 4600. For the same price you can buy a Radeon 9700 non-pro. Or if you want to spend a little more buy the pro version. The 9700 series are defiantly "future proof" they will last you much longer than a ti 4600.

And you may want to get a sound card. For about $20-$30 you can buy a Hercules Muse 5.1 or a Sound Blaster Live 5.1.

Have Fun :D

Back