• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

YY0221 Cube case fan setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FACTION95Si

YY-0221.jpg

How do you guys have your fans setup on this case? The directions say to have the front 120 as exhaust and the other 92mm ones on the side and back as intake. This doesn't really make sense to me.

Also the front plastic cover seems to cover a lot of area for airflow of the 120mm fan. Has anyone cut away some of the plastic?

I have one. It sucks for cooling. I have both sides off and just have one fan in the back on the drive side as an exaust and one on the front of the board side as a intake. Both are 90mm. What I have in it is a Dual PIII@500 server, so it does not have much heat.

I think Lonely Raven has one or used to have one and there are a few others.
Mine came from Skip. He also did not like it for cooling and had added 2 80mm fans to the side over the processor(s). I don't have the sides on, so I don't use them.
Case looks good and does take less room under the desk, but is not the best. Cooling is a problem and running cables can be interesting.

Back