• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Small question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

supralight

Registered
I don't know, but on my MB, I've got only 2 fan connectors. I cannot even connect my PSU fan.

Now I come here and see peeps with 8 FANS, but where in the hell do they connect all those fans!?!

the additional fans usually go on the same connectors as the one used for your hard drive, cd rom etc. you psu has many of those

OOooh I understand now, this has been bugging me for some time ... thanks ;)

there are adaptors avalible to plug fans in to a Molex (hdd type) connector

also if you buy a fan the chances are that it comes with and adaptor or allredy has a molex plug

attualy you should not plug high powerd fans in to the mobo as this can fry the fan headers but this only applies to high powerd fans most will be ok.

FYI, the plastic things that are on the ends of the power wires coming from your power supply are called "molex" plugs, that is what slater was referring to. :)

He brings up a good point also. If at all possible, it is always better to plug a fan directly into a molex connector. If you can cut out the mobo as the middleman then you will have a more reliable solution. This will eliminate making any mistakes when installing a new fan and frying your mobo fan headers.

Back