• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Click, Click, Click

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ct. Strangelove

Ok i have two drives, some dell HD and a some 10gig hd. they both go click click click, PAUSE, click,click ,click.....................

they do that right after the power one and intilise. are they dead? I pretty sure there paperwieghts. has anyone seen this?

That's the click of death. If the drives are still working I suggest you get whatever you can off of them before they go completely, then use the dead shells to practice making hard drive window mods. ;)

Yes, most likely the click of death. However, I have found that if you change the Molex connector from the PSU to a different molex, sometimes the drive stops the clicking and begins working normally again. I would still run a drive utility to see and then either use the repair software to low level format, or RMA time if still under warranty.

hope you got yer stuff off there....my drive would only click on boot and thank god it wasnt my boot drive....as stated above...get yer stuff off there ASAP :)

is it possible that you have added something else to the power string........causing less power to get to that drive??

no, a matter of fact on is from a PII, only has CD-rom and one HD w/250 watt PSU. The other came out of my firends dell. can't RMA it because i dont have the shipping address the dell was sent to. ASFK$#(%U#$# (*%#()%* #()%*#@ DELL $(#@*$#@($@ DELL#(#@ $($$

Back