• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V-133 pci divider..?!?!?!??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Matatoshi

Registered
My bios says "When bus speed exceeds 120, PCI bus will be set to 1/4"

So here I am running at 133Mhz, and Sandra reports a PCI bus speed of 45Mhz!!!! This could explain why I've been having problems running my memory at 141Mhz... Anyone know why my board is not automatically setting the PCI bus to 1/4?

Well, for what it's worth, I have the same board and I get a 1/4 divisor.
I was running FSB 128 and 7.0 multiplier and just to check, I rebooted and went to STANDARD, 7.0 x 100 and the memory at 133...same 1/4 divisor.
What are the rest of your system specs and settings? Maybe someone else has the same problem.
Is there any software installed that may have changed it?

BTW, I set the Vcore by jumper and the rest by BIOS, as this board has some problems setting the Vcore via the BIOS.

Where in the BIOS does it say the divisor will change at 120??

A7V133 w/Duron700 @ 128*7
Taisol Alum HSF w/bigger fan

Maybe I'll try setting some jumpers and see what happens... I just installed the 1005a bios and it says on the right side of the screen "when bus speed exceeds 120Mhz, 1/4 pci divider is used.."

A friend of mine also used sandra to display his speeds, and he received the same results as me: 133Mhz Bus, 1/3x PCI 45Mhz!! Sandra tells him to lower the PCI bus speed. /me.confused=true!!!

T-Bird 1.2 9x133
256mb Corsair CAS2 133

Matatoshi (Jul 08, 2001 02:22 p.m.):
My bios says "When bus speed exceeds 120, PCI bus will be set to 1/4"

So here I am running at 133Mhz, and Sandra reports a PCI bus speed of 45Mhz!!!! This could explain why I've been having problems running my memory at 141Mhz... Anyone know why my board is not automatically setting the PCI bus to 1/4?

I freaked out when i first saw it too, but if you check out sandra's website it shows that all Via Kt133a chipsets report this even though it is incorrect. I think its because sandra can't tell the difference between it and the original KT133 chipset. So you're fine.

Shawn

Here's another thought.
My version of SiSoft Sandra is 2001.3.7.50.
Are you using an older version??
A quick look here http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/sandra
in the Q&A shows this:
Q: Sandra reports incorrect PCI bus speeds.
A: Check that FSB is correct. Certain boards run the PCI bus asynchronously and Sandra
may be unable to detect this in all cases. If you're using a board which allows you to play with
the PCI clock (e.g. 1/3 & 1/4 settings) the detection may not work - depending on clock
generator chip. Update to the latest version of Sandra.

Maybe this is it!

Back