• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual-fan power supplies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If i understand how you are thinking of it the fan sucks up into the psu in most cases and then the other fan blows out the back of the psu. This could depend on manufacturers but this is what I have seen. :)

Good, I was worried that the second fan might blow air out of the top as my case has no room above the power supply

yeah im wondering if thats a good design of where to place a fan.. basically they put the fan right on top where there is less than half an inch of room

Man! Can we use some logic thinking here? How can both fans from psu blow out? (except both fans are at the back of psu)
Do you need to ask if all four wheels on the same car spin in the same direction?

You Can reverse the left wheels on the tank while the right ones go forward and it doesn't stop, There are such things as grills

linlibj said:
Man! Can we use some logic thinking here? How can both fans from psu blow out? (except both fans are at the back of psu)
Do you need to ask if all four wheels on the same car spin in the same direction?

Funniest thing I have read in days(rolf) .On my PS there is a fan in front and the back only problem with that is, its a tight fit for me using my blowhole fan as the front PS Fan extends out about 2inches but it does suck out that hot air having both of them right on top like that.JS

Logic is all in your mind.

The extra fan blows into the PSU and is on the bottom of it when mounted in a typical case. The other (standard) fan blows out the back. They take pictures of PSUs upside down because there's nothing (of interest) on the top.

Back