• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's holding back my 2100 Tbred

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markas214

I have a week 301 that I can't run over 155 FSB stable. Over 160 FSB I can't even boot up my system and have to reset CMOS. My temps stay around 41c under load and raising or lowering the voltage makes no difference. It seems everyone is getting over 2100mhz and many over 2300 with air cooling. I've been reading this forum for a few years now and found all the posts very helpful. Any insight will be appreciated.

Welcome to the forums :)

The 2100+ in my sig is an 0301. I couldn't get over 164fsb for a while. Have you manually set the agp frequency to 66mhz? That solved my fsb problems on my epox board. I think on the asus board it comes set to Auto by default. Try changing it to 66mhz and see if that helps.

I have already set the AGP manually. How about the voltage? The default is 1.5. Should I raise it and what is recommended?

:eek: 1.5 is low. It should be 1.65v by default. I've got mine at 1.85v for now till I get better cooling. Try it at 1.65v to see what improvement that gives you. If that turns out good, depending on your oc, 1.75 or 1.8 should be more than enough.

voltage

markas214 said:
I have already set the AGP manually. How about the voltage? The default is 1.5. Should I raise it and what is recommended?

I don't think you'll need to change the AGP voltage. At 1.8 vcore and 2.8vdimm you should be able to get close to 2300 mhz.

Oh, thanks Arkaine23. I was thinking about vcore. I forgot the agp voltage is 1.5 too :rolleyes:

Have you tried relaxing your memory timings just to make sure that it is not your memory that is causing the problem? You may want to up the memory voltage some also, maybe 2.6 - 2.8 volts.

Definitely need to increase the CPU voltage. Most people need about 1.7 - 1.8 volts to get to 2.2 - 2.3 GHz.

The a7n8x uses locks instead of dividers. What bios are you using markas214?

I am using 1001G drivers. At this time I just got home from work and I'm putting your suggestions to work. I had already tried relaxing mem timings. No good. I just turned the voltage up to 1.85 vcore and 2.8 vdiimm and was able to boot up at 162 FSB for the first time. I will continue to bump up and then begin lowering the voltage. I am at 49C at 100% load for 10 minutes using a program called CPU Stability Test 6.0. Thanks very much for the replies I'll keep you posted. Hopefully the higher voltage to the mem and CPU was what I needed.

Back