• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling for $100 Bucks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oz

Registered
Well, the subject says it all..I would like to change from air to water, but don't have the money that some of the quality watercooling systems I've been reading about go for.. If I could get a 10c drop in temps for 100 buck water system I'd do it.. Is that possible? And if it is, how hard is it to put together? Temps now are 48C Idle and 53C load...Using Thermalake SK-600 w/Delta 6800rpm fan now, with 6 other fans in case...noise is driving me crazy too.. can't hardly overclock at all at the moment...suggestions?

AthlonXP 2100+ Palamino unlocked @ 167x11
Corsair XMS2700 w/heat spreader
Abit KX7-333
WinXP
VCore 1.80
DDR 1.65

and a T-Bred 1700+ JIUCB on the way from ebay..hope it'll outperform this palamino..fingers crossed..

thx

have you tried as3 and better case fans, i think if you want h2o cooling you are looking at about 150 to 200 usd

well, lets see. nemesis block-50$, pump-30-40$, heater core-15$, 5gallon bucket for res-4$, misc tubing and hardware-5$,.... around 115-120

u can go pretty cheap, if you look hard.

go to a pet store and get some good tuben , 1500GPH Pump and a reservoir from dollar general [ 1 gal shoe box] custom make some holes in it and thats what 25 30$ there. Then buy a real good block..

:)

cucap.jpg

http://www.overclockers.com/articles678/
DYI- WB $5-10

coldweld.gif

Metal epoxy for the WB- $10-20

Pump-$30-50

Radiator- $15-30

Fittings&Clamps- $2-8

Resivoir - $0-5 (God bless the mayo jar)

Tubing- $1-5

--------------------

The cheapest WCing system one can get is usually the one that is home-made from the ground up.

I'm am putting together a very nice system (i think anyways) for about $110-$140, but we'll see when we're done.

All prices include shipping or tax:
$23 maxi-jet 1200 pump (295GPH). From aquatics/fish store.
$20 172mm fan. From Ebay (very nice too)
$20-22 heatercore
$6 for copper, $4 for O-ring and mounting hardware (will be a good block). But your probably have to buy one for around $45-80
$5 tubing FROM MCMaster.com !!
$6 clamps
$13 for hose barbs (I'm putting em on everything) From portage supply, link is in watercooling forum, "where to get watercooling supplies, $1.00 per barb + s&h.)
$10 for all bonding compunds, adhesives, etc.

Grand total: $107 + reservoir.

Buying a waterblock is the big thing price wise, and performance wise. Get a good one.

Back