• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 8RDA+ & 3.3 Rail

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nymph

I just got my 8RDA+ today.. Before today with my a7v333 my 3.3 rail was reporting at 3.22

After installing my new MOBO my 3.3 rail is reporting at 2.64 (idle)..

I was able to boot at 200mhz FSB a few times but could not run any benchmarking without freezing/crashing.... I am only able to goto 185FSB and benchmark without crashing... Also I have tweaked cpu voltages, agp voltages, memory voltages, apllied AS3 on northbridge and 40mm fan with no help. My question is:

2.64 is way too low right? Time for a new PSU?

BTW I have an Antec 350 Smartfan PSU... Thanks for any advice...

nYmph

3.3 rail on 8RDA is actually the VDimm reading (I bet your ram is at 2.63 in BIOS)

If you want to stay at 185+ FSB you'll likely need to do the Vdd mod. Check www.8rdafaq.com for that (or just check the AMD Epox forum here).

yes, you are right.... it was my memory voltage... I dont think mbm shows a 3.3 rail for this board... but im actually able to hit 200mhz fsb now with 5,3,2,2 timings.... it seems that anything over 200fsb and I have to relax my timings or drop my multipler and the gains just arent there with benchmark scores for a few mhz more fsb.... I actually score higher with more aggresive timings at 200FSB than with more relaxed timings and a 205fsb.... it seems though that i have to up my memory voltage from 2.77 to 2.9 just to stabilize my more aggressive memory timings to run prime95 for more than an hour... with the 2.77 voltage prime95 usually gets an error after 1 and a half hours.... my NB voltage is 1.58-1.60, so i guess ill need to increase that to be able to hit a high enough FSB where relaxed memory timings wont come into play as much....

Thanks for the link...

nYmph

Back