• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some advice everyone!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zindane18

You can look at my specs....right now Im running at 180x12.5=2.25ghz....my voltage is at 1.80 really any lower...and it gets unstable. Still need to do a lot more burning in. I only burned it so far for 6 hours. My question is my cpu temp is at 49c load. you guys think I should up volt a little more and up the muti to 13? or burn in more....or....say screw it and call it night...lol well really what do you guys think is the next step?

thx

Man too high temps, you'll shorten the life of your cpu. Back it down some until you get a better cooling setup. Sorry to say.

I dont get it though

The thing is my sys temp is at 43c and CPU surface temp is at 46c..In the bios it doesnt give me any warnings about temp. It says... CPU Core Temp. 70-75c COuld this read be wrong? I have 5 case fans and the volcano 9 with a good thin layer of Artic silver. Im running CPU Test pro. Burning in now for about 6 hours still cranking. temps right now about 51-51.5c CPU surface. Any ideas??

Im thinking about getting another HS but I dont know if the slk800 will fit on my mobo.

Argu...i just dont know why my temps are the way they are...lol:mad:

mmmmmm.....a suggetion........mabye you should stop burning in ur comp before it starts burning (70C is WAY 2 hot) and get a bigger fan on ur volcano 9 (grab/make a 80mmm-92mm adaptor n put on some 92mm fan that pushes ~50CFM). Another way 2 drop your temps would be lapping the heatsink (go all the way 2 2000grit man:D)

Yea i know what you mean...but i really doubt im hurting the cpu..I heatsink near the bottom is not really all that hot....the surface temp is at 47c which really isnt that hot...I think the "core" temp on the at7-max2...which actually was called the internal core temp...until recent bios update relates to the inside of the core....at least i think...and hope.. :) but yea I am surely getting a bigger heat sink....I have to look into that lapping thing though. thx for the idea!

Motherboard temps are notoriously inaccurate.

I would go by the temp to touch of the low part of the HS and whether it runs stable. I would also back off and be happy before she blows Scotty.

Back