• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't set voltage on K7N2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrloser

I just purchased a k7n2 board and placed a 1700+ in it. I have successfully upped the bus speed up 166 and changed my multiplier to 10 (2000+) and the system is running stable. I tried to push the multiplier to 11 (2200+) but the system will hang and give blue screens of death. I think all I need to do is up the voltage to get it running stable with the 11 multiplier but as soon as I try to change the voltage (even a small change like .05) the system will not post. I’m new so is there anything I have to do to change the voltage? Thank you in advance for your help.:)

Well, depends what voltage u are runnin rit now... It seems that the K7N2 only has 1.8V max in the bios... but my CPU would run at 1.82~1.84 MAX!.. It's a downside of this board... unless someone comes out with a vmodd for this board... or maybe new bios..

I finally got it! It was not posting if I changed the voltage to manual mode (even if I would set it to the stock voltage). I started to play with some of the other option like turning off the agp speed spectrum and changing all my memory timings to manual mode. Now it will post at what ever voltage I set it to. Thanks for your help black wing! I almost gave up but when you said that put yours up to 1.82 I knew I had to be able to change my voltage.

Back