• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 9800 Reviews

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A nice 10-25% gain depending on the game, not bad. MSRP of $400 for the Pro and $350 non-Pro, but I'm sure it'll be less than that online. But its not just performance, they added features as well, and it now supports more than the GF FX! :eek:

-Rav

sounds good. i like both companies now, so it doesnt matter either way to me, just so i can afford a 9700 or 4600 soon...

not impressed at all with the 9800.

the 5800 ultra beats it in numerous tests. things are looking up slightly for nvidia.

Lol..

Yea I also expected more performance that what is shown so far, I guess we will have to see what things look like with non-beta drivers.

I thought it was interesting that in the majority of the tests the FX Ultra was able to stay pretty much right on the heels of the 9800.

I also thought it was interesting that the 43.00 drivers suck really bad for the FX :D

Hmmm looks pretty good to me. Not a huge breakthrough but a step forward nonetheless.

I was going to buy a 9700 Pro from a guy tomorrow, but I think I might hold off now...

ati never said 40%, the inquirer did(ahem). as for the 256 meg version, they said early of quarter two....so im guessing april

Maybe the important question here is whether the retail cards will be able to overclock as good as the review sample HardOCP received. If they can, then the card will definately be worth getting over a 9700 pro. With air cooling, they got the card to 430 core and 370mhz memory. With a TEC on the core and some ramsinks, I wonder what you could achieve?

Actually, those benchmarks impress me. Here I am still drooling over my 9700pro which I got about 2 weeks ago and now THIS. I play all games at 4XAA and 16X aniso and from the looks of it upgrading to a 9800pro will give me an avg of 15-20fps gain...not shabby at all. Considering I just got this card I'm not in a hurry to spend 400 bucks all over again :p. Maybe if the 256MB version shows a little improvement ill jump on that.

Last edited:
Back