• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7A266 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joe

Registered
ok i know this is more of a question that should go in the cooling section but no one answered it last time i tried. so im gonna try here. i have the asus A7A266 mobo with a 1.333ghz amd and i just bought a swifttech mc-642-A and when im about to put that sucker on guess what. ITS TO BIG and the mobo layout makes it so the connector is right next to the slot. so i just wasted 70 bucks on that F'in crap. so now i need to buy another HSF that will fit my mobo layout. im looking for the best HSF that can do the job and cool the cpu. well if any of u guys have the same mobo can u plz tell me what HSF u use that fits onto the mobo without touching anything else? thanx again.

Well for the avid O/C'er, I have seen guys modify their M/B's to get this behemoth to fit. I bought one and now it is a paper weight, (Glaciator worked best). If it is the resister that is getting in the way, re-solder the sucker on it's side.

yea its the Ali 1647 chipset im pretty sure. oh and for trancebear's suggestion i dont really wanna mess up the warranty. and + if i took it off i wouldnt beable to put it back on lol :)

the gladiator fits on it, BUT the oversized finger flap overlaps the first ddr slot.

easy fix: take a pair of pliers and bend the clip...just remember to unbend the clip if you ever take the glad off

cool i think ill try that thanx for the help everyone its been great.

Back