• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming LCD's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slvrcvc

Registered
couldnt find a thread on gaming LCD's so here I go:

can someone recommend one for me?

I've heard of Eizo and they seem great so far but expensive, also I'm trying to see if I can get something with a .25 response time.

But I'd like to know what you guys are using and can recommend for high FPS games like UT2003 and such so that there is no "ghosting" or "blur" effect when playing on a LCD.

thanks in advance.

There will always be a blurring effect on LCD's, but that is the only fault, colors are wonderfull, crisp and vibrant, the market leaders in TFT tech at the moment is Samsung, and they have some wonderfull offerings, most are .25 ms, I would go with highestres.smallest screen ration - IE 17" with 1280x1024, remember anything below this will look AWFULL ... has to be run at native [max] res. So make sure u have a descent graphics card

The Hitachi CML174 is the only LCD that I know of and have personally used that is a "gamer" Buddy of mine has one and I it aint no Sony CDP-G420S (that is what I have), but really works well for gaming...not perfect...but very good...16ms response times...Plays SOF II like there is nothing to it...Nascar Thunder 2003...that is about it for my gaming...I think anandtech has an article on LCD's where they test them at playing games...But if you have to have a LCD and you are a gamer, then it is about as good as it gets right now...and believe me...it aint bad...:D

I have a Planar PX171M that also has a 16ms response time. It has pretty much the same specs as a Hitachi CML174 you can compare the two here . I love this monitor, and have no probs gaming or with video whatsoever. Before buying this LCD I was pretty suspicious about the capabilities of these fast response time monitors, so I did tons of research. These were the two that I found that are currently the best choices on the market. Recently I believe viewsonic released a 16ms verson monitor and soon others will be as well, but 12ms and faster aren't due to arrive for quite sometime. So, if you want an LCD for their lack of eye strain, size, looks, picture quality, and still want performance the Hitachi or Planar are your best bets. Don't get me wrong though, even the fastest LCD will never produce images as quick as a CRT. Hope all this helps. :)

Back