• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hooking-up to my HDTV. Help please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wino

Registered
I have a 53" Hitachi Ultravision that's HDTV ready. Is there a device I can get that will make it capable of making it HDTV tat is a video card or add-on type card?

Thanks- Wino:confused:

If it matters? I'm using DirecTv.

Last edited:
Are you looking for a videocard that outputs an HDTV signal, or a box/card for the actual TV?

I'm not sure if there is a card out yet that ouputs HDTV signal (I could be wrong). I do believe there is a box that converts the signal to HDTV, but it isn't as vivid or crisp as the original HDTV signal. Again, I could be wrong.

You can also try http://www.digitalconnection.com/

You can output an NVIDIA or ATI VGA signal to HD component inputs via an adapter.

see this faq for information on how to do this.

If you are looking to serve ATSC HD TV video from a PC then the MyHD MDP-100 is a good choice at $299.00

I wish I had found the MyHD MDP-100 before I purchased my WinTV-HD from Hauppauge for the same price.

The MyHD MDP-100 has better software support (Better PCR functions and support for recording analog TV) for what is basicly the same hardware as the Hauppauge card.

The MyHD MDP-100 will also function as an MPEG2 Decoder for DVDs, and will support ATSC signals transmitted over Cable TV when the ATSC signal is not re-mapped

The HiPix DTV-200 HDTV Tuner/Recorder Card does not support the recording of Analog TV.

Paul.

Last edited:
Back