• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Don't Buy Master of Orion 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Warshed

Registered
Trust me, just don't buy it. If you must buy it, get it from a place that accepts returns like Electronics Boutique. The game is aweful. Quicksilver managed to tarnish the Master of Orion 3 name forever. I am sad to say this game was so painful that I had to play Master of Orion 2 again to get the aweful taste out of my mouth.

Basically, everything, it falled short of any category of the originals.

Quicksilver managed to tarnish the Master of Orion 3 name forever.

no they didnt, the publisher did, they were halfway through, with a very detailed game, but the publisher made them scrap it all and make a "simpler" game.

Moo3 just seems to be another game struck badly by todays economy. Publishers run out of dosh, want the games out faster....

and whammo.. you have a bad game, full of bugs, incomplete...

It happens more often, and have so the past 2 years due IT economy falling steadily..

Its a real shame for the developers, as they often have the vision for the game, and want to make it good.. but economy just cuts it all short..

Cheers, Flixotide

*Rant ON*
I really wish I would of read this post first but no I go and read IGN and they give it a 9/10 so I thought it would be cool. Well there is 40$ wasted and I will never believe IGN again. First DOA volleyball gets a 9 and now this crap! This just goes to show that all ign likes are pretty colors and polygons to give a game a 9. To me any game that gets a 9 means it's an instant classic and moo3 isn't an instant classic. Its buggy, the menus don't make any sense, the text is hard to read, they removed the micromangement part so the computer will do really really really stupid things for you, etc etc etc. This game has to make my top 5 most disappointing games of all time list.
*Rant OFF*

Last edited:
No no no no no no

Say it ain't so, I've been waiting for MOO3 ever since it was a gleam in the developer's eyes. This is dissapointing.

What IS a good recently released 4x game?

I would proboably go with Space Empires IV if you don't have it already. Maybe "Reach for the Stars." I think another coming out is Galactic Civilization, can't vouch for it yet though.

reach for the stars sucks. moo3 while its not what i was expecting I dont think its as bad as stated above. you really have to go through the menus to do things the way the game wants them done and that can get old. the one thing I hate is the tiny combat graphics they suck. if I was going to go with that warshed talks about it would be Space Empires IV thats a good game if you can find it (you can only get it online).

I played Space Empires III and loved it, just looked up Space Empires IV and it looks very good compared to the old one, they should sell it in shops :(

Back