• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ vdim questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

radcruiser

Registered
when i boot into the bios screen it reads my vdim voltage at 2.38 and it is in red. it changes to 2.41 and turns white then board boots into windows fine. my question is that vdim is the memory voltage correct? i have it set to 2.9 volts and it only displays 2.41 volts max and when in windows using usdm it also reads 2.41 and fluxuated between 2.38-2.41. is this what is holding back my fsb oc?

No it should be around 2.9 if thats what you have it set to in your bios. I have mine set to 2.77 and it reads around 2.76-2.77 using usdm.

radcruiser said:
could a generic 350watt psu cause this problem?

Quite possibly. Are you reading this voltage from the BIOS? If your using a temp monitor in Windows it could have the wrong sensor selected. Stock Vdimm for DDR ram is 2.5V.

RnPgrosz said:

Quite possibly. Are you reading this voltage from the BIOS? If your using a temp monitor in Windows it could have the wrong sensor selected. Stock Vdimm for DDR ram is 2.5V.

reading this from the bios. reads 2.38-2.43 not matter what i set the vdimm to. all other voltage settings and adjustments are working fine.

Back