• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got me confused. UPS and 3dmark2001

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TWISM

Registered
Ok, now when I am running 3dmark during the nature seen my UPS would go off like there was an outage. I ran the test many times and it goes off during the nature seen.

Any ideas as to why this would happen.

Running a p4 Enermax 431 and have a APC Back-UPS Pro 280.

uh.. thats weird stuff dude :confused:

i'm using the backups CS350 and don't have that problem.

I believe you have the UPS overloaded, and the current consumption of the graphics card on nature is pushing it over the edge. It is possible the battery is weak also. I have a Back-UPS Pro 650, and I had to take my second machine off it when I upgraded the main rig to a P4. Current consumption on the input side is rising noticeably with modern CPU's and video cards just like it is on the output.

I had seen a similar problem.
My friend Caitlin Williams complained that her UPS is afraid of Fear Factor because it sometimes screams when Fear Factor is running.
I thought: No way!
As it turned out, Fear Factor placed a big load on the CPU and GPU, causing them to draw more current, and the increase was just enough to overload the UPS.
I told her to get a bigger UPS and use the old one for her old comp.
Problem solved.

Thanks guys. I sort of thought that could be the problem but wasnt completely sure.

Thanks for the answers, I apperciate the help. Hope to help you guys in the future.

Back