• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Networking Headache!!!!!!!!!1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NewBlood

Ok I'm going to get to the point but his some info, I got a pci network card, angry has a pci network card, other friend has bluit in network card, all 3 computers have same version of windows xp pro, got 3 same network cables, hooked all into hub, ran the networking wizard on all computers, and angry and other cpu could try files and everything but I was not pickin up no one but myself, I was being there server to the internet. I've tryed changing my ip address nothing, tryed changing there ip address nothing, I started at 2:00 A.M. its 5:38 A.M. Well heres the question is there anything that lets you just clear everything about your network I mean like the places and stuff or does anyone know how i could fix this????? Please help.............

Are all three machines set to DHCP

Are you using MS internet sharing on your box?

What is you internet connection? (Cable or DSL on Ethernet, Cable or DSL over USB, or Serial modem)

Does your box (the gateway) have dual NICs or are you trying to route across a ?Virtual IP?(what does MS call this?) two IPs bound to one NIC.

BTW, DON'T Try and remove TCP/IP on an XP machine, you will need to re-install the OS if you do.

You can reconfigure your ipconfig from the commmand prompt. Damn I forget the command(s)- but I am not positive this is necessary in your situation. Give the forum a chance and you will get the right response soon enough I hope.

Look into you IP addressing situation like Pauldriver said...

Back