• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The_wiZ

Ok heres the deal.
I want to skip the res alltogether.
So ive got a T fitting hooked to the sys and a tube up in the case for filling and bleeding.
Now to my big question. How the hell do you fill the sys with this?
I cant get enough water into the sys it seems. If id use my mouth i probably could but im not to fond of the taste of water wetter.
Someone please clarify this to me..

a funnel works well. I've got a steady hand, so I just pour from the gallon jug into the 1/2" tubing.

^^^^ but it takes too long

either that or get a res.

:D

PS what about turning the pump on when you do it - although this will likely result in more air u have to bleed out...

Correct me if im wrong, but couldnt you disconect the intake hose, fill a bucket with the water then submerse the pump in it and get the water flowing, then stop the pump and reconect the intake hose. Ive read something similar to doing this and it is suppose to be faster and have less air to bleed out.

Hold the fill tube at an angle and fill it very slowly. This allows air to escape as you add water. If you don't do this you get what some call an "airlock" where the pressure of the air won't allow any more water in and you just fill up the tube. Main thing is go slowly. That all applies to your fill tube being the only opening in the system. If you wanna do it quicker, open one of the connections so it will vent air as you fill. Try to do it with one of the higher points in the system and be sure to watch as the water level rises so you don't get things wet. Once you are full to that point reconnect and fill the rest of the way like stated above.

peace.
unloaded

jfettig told me how he does it. unplug the pump inlet. go outside with ur mixture in a bucket, drop the pump in the bucket, turn it on, let it fill itself plug together while under water and fill the last ounce or whatever with t-line. atleast i think that is how he did it. but it works i know that...

I used a plastic squeze bottle the tip fit in the tubing pretty good and did not spill a drop just have to fill the bottle a few times
Steve

Back