• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant OC P4 2.53 C1 stepping on P4PE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

got2kill

I just converted from the Dark side of the force(AMD)

My System.:

ASUS P4PE gold
p4 2.53 c1 stepping(SL6EG) stock Cooler
2 samsung ddr2700 ram (1 Dobbelsided 1 single sided)
Sapphire 9700@9700pro
SB Audigy2.
WinXp

I added artic silver on cooler and chipset.

I tried about everything now, Vcore upto 1,70, slow ram settings, locked agp/pci, divider to 1/1(tried all settings there), tried using one ram block at the time, but it wont be stable at higher than 150 on the fsb.... if higher it crashes in 3dmark.

ATM im running stock speed and tried to tweak the ram and the run perfect with 2.5 3 3 7 @ 355 in the Memory Frequency and turbo setting on.

The tempetures seem fine also @ stockspeed its around 36-38 idle and stressed 43-45.

I dont know what it could be if its my ram or what... Should i try buying some better ram or what... any sugestions..???

^^^
take out your sound card and any PCI cards
Kill any process in XP u don't need - i would say using black viper's list.

Also - there is a difference between double and single sidded RAM - then should both be one or the other - pending on hat you motherboard prefers.

Or at least this was the case with many P3 boards i used - they could only us single or double sided ram, never both.

did you try the 3dmark with each type of ram in sepratly?

Yes i tried with each ram block and 3dmark really no difference still the same...

Could it be that i should try some Kingston pc3000 hyperX ram or higher ratings..?

I'm having a problem getting much out of mine, so far also. As far as the RAM goes, you can basically have any combo of SS/DS in the first two slots. It's only when you fill the 3rd slots that you have to have certain combos (look in your mobo manual on page 2-11).

So far, I haven't been able to get past about 137 on the FSB without hanging. However, I'm just starting and really have just quickly tinkered with it. Should know more after this weekend and will post my info.

By the way, I have Crucial mem (512 MB of PC2700), however, Samsung is good mem and is supposed to O/C fairly well.

also a rule dont expect to overclock high with 2 sticks of any ram even if there was ddr600 i highly doubt it would go over 400 or even 333

Back