• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just oredred my 3rd NF2 mobo! what and why inside.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
without comeing str8 out saying what i bought.the hardcore overclockers here know exactly which one i chose!

heres my story:
i had my 8rda for 3 weeks and was heaviliy modded with vdd mod and cooling mods.i loved the mobo,until it met an untimely demise early this week,still working on reviving it tho.

so there i was stuck with $$$ in hand and i needed a mobo that day.i had no internet connection and no CC so i had to buy one locally. all they had was a7n8x mobos.granted i didnt want it but i had no choice but to buy and use it for the time being.

i really dont like it.for the average oc'er id say its great,but for me i need 2.2vcore 1.7vdd minamum and 2.9vdimm. this mobo would need 3 mods to make it what i want.and after just killing a 8rda i dont have the guts to do it on this one.plus its 3 mods needed not just 1 like the 8rda.

i called my local shop and i have 30 days to return the mobo for store credit or pay the 10% restocking fee.so that solves getten some money back on it.

diying to know what i bought? hmmm wait a bit longer it wont kill ya.

well i ordered from newegg an abit nf7-s 1.2rev,this is my first abit and i must add that they have not had a great record the last few months.
abit has alot to prove with me.ill beat this mobo like a intel using step child! lol

one of my points in doing this long thread is many people are asking whats the best NF2 out? if my purchase isnt an indicater you better start brewing some coffey!

Vcore: 2.3V, Vdimm: 2.9V, Vdd: 1.7V, AGP: 1.8V what else could anyone want? well ide raid would be nice but heck ill live.

btw i went with newegg as its $125 with free shipping.
excaliberpc has them also for a few bucks more and guarentee a 1.2rev mobo.

"Vcore: 2.3V, Vdimm: 2.9V, Vdd: 1.7V, AGP: 1.8V what else could anyone want?"

Is this in the bios without any mods?

yes sir re bob! it sure is :D
so now you guys will here about me running my chips at 2.3vcore instead of 2.2v lol

rommelrommel said:
What the heck do you "need" 2.3 Vcore for? Lighting chips on fire?
haha i do heat my room with my pc's tho.
i use 2.2v on all my tbreds and yes they all live to this day.
i use refer h20 and i have a very good high voltage burn in practice.

as you see in my sig i do 2.5ghz with a 1700B

i just placed mine today with newegg.com
1 i dont use CC or paypal and send MO and ive had no probs with newegg this way.also i just read someone from extremesystems had a heck of a time getting his rev1.2 from excaliburpc.

newegg isnt gaurenteed but id say abit isnt making no more rev1.1 and only 1.2 now so my odds are good.plus everyone is reporting getting the 1.2

i thought about just getting another 8rda+ but id still need to mod the crap out of for heat issues.

btw im seeing alot of epox diehards going this route also.

I have 3 NF2 mobos also

Asus A7N8X-D
Epox 8RDA+
Abit NF7-S Rev1.2

The epox and abit are my favorites for OCing. I like the Asus for the stability and features.

Well now you have me thinking of not getting the 8RDA which I was going to order it today,and now I may have to rethink my decision and get the Abit...

dave just a tidbit to make it a harder decision.
ive read epox will be releasing a updated version possably based on the 8rga minus the mx video with 2vdd options.

now id even admit if thats done it would be even better than the abit.
but this always happens,its progress.id rather have that revised epox myself.but you have to wait until its released and then someone else will have something out even better.so its one of those sick oc cycles.

so either wait or get the abit.im impatient so i want my abit now! might be here this weekend i hope.

Dave65 said:
Well now you have me thinking of not getting the 8RDA which I was going to order it today,and now I may have to rethink my decision and get the Abit...

Dave, I just RMAed a 8RDA because I could never get my SB Audigy card to function with my 3Com NIC. Tried for several weeks and had a number of discussions on a couple different forums. Half a dozen or so folks were having similar problems. I note this since your sig says you're near to having the same hardware on your first rig. I wouldn't consider the 8RDA a good upgrade mobo for those with previous hardware.

Good luck.

Sorry to digress within your tread deathstar13.

Last edited:
ARRRGG,,well I am impatient also,so I guess I will go Abit this time,hey I can always send it back if it don't work right:D

deathstar13 said:
dave just a tidbit to make it a harder decision.
ive read epox will be releasing a updated version possably based on the 8rga minus the mx video with 2vdd options.

now id even admit if thats done it would be even better than the abit.
but this always happens,its progress.id rather have that revised epox myself.but you have to wait until its released and then someone else will have something out even better.so its one of those sick oc cycles.

so either wait or get the abit.im impatient so i want my abit now! might be here this weekend i hope.
but even if they get a new bios you would still need additional cooling for the mosfets and stuff. my friend with an abit told me the mosfets on it barely get warm. my mosfets on my 8rda+ burned me @ default voltage

Back